Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I like to think...

I like to think that I was put on this earth for something other than being a clerk at a convenience store my entire life. I was put on this earth to do great things, something other than the A-Z lifestyle that everyone since the 50's seems to be living. Most people that think that way only do creative things with their time like writing or painting. I think of that as a waste of time. Why should I give out a book? To be vaguely remembered by literary critics a few hundred years from now. No, that is unacceptable.
I think the best thing to do is to step back for a bit and rethink some things.
Who are the most remembered people in history? Dictators of course.
I mean think about it Hitler, Attila the Hun, Caligula all remembered, maybe not because of how artistic they were but because they had a goal and did it. The arts will get you nowhere. Is Hitler remembered for his art today? I think not.
That is what I have to do, think of a goal and conquer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment